Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Being posted to Sunlove Rehab Social Daycare for 1 week this time.
The place is filled with the elderly suffering from mobility problems
Due to strokes, falls, abuse, and old age.
Singapore is really facing an ageing population problem.
We really just need (to make)more babies.

So anyway, the place is not as boring as you would think it is.
The people there are all just plain cute.
Some so bubbly and willing to persevere.
Which is something some of us need ourselves.

So anyway, I'll let you in on a conversation I had with a 78 yr old lady called Mdm Tan.

Me:Hello Auntie..your name is?...*all the usual introduction*

*About 10 mins later...*

Mdm Tan: Everyday go home read newspaper, watch TV, eat sleep..boring lahh
Me: Wah relli ah? So shiok lehh, relax everyday..
Mdm Tan: I not married...alone at home only.
Me : *Thinking for awhile cos I used to think all old folks are married.*
Mdm Tan: You got girlfriend or not?
Me: Haiya!, don't have HAHAHA...u become my girlfriend lah?
Mdm Tan: Cannot! I old already...You go join choir at CC there lahh, got alot of girls. Can pick 1!

Me just went HAHAHA all the way after that. She was really nice.
I never had a chance to really speak to my own grandparents before so I wouldn't know how it feels.

Yeahh, anw, I really enjoy being posted there..and there is also this Apek, who in my opinion is a decisive-kinda person.
We played chess 5 times together today.
He trashed me the 1st 3 times, I conquered on the 4th and he hantam me again on my 5th try.
I gave up after that...
Since Monday I realized he liked playing chess...and MAHJONG!
HAHAHA!

This place is at Hougang polyclinic anyway and I have to be there at 8am everyday and usually dismissed from my duties at around 3.30pm.
Anyway, I just found a new hobby in the bus.
Sleep with the mp3 plugged into my ears!

Songs I Consider Killer By 30 Seconds To Mars
-Attack
-A Beautiful Lie
-The Kill
-The Fantasy
-Savior
-From Yesterday

These are the songs I'll take with me everywhere.
Callo Betti!